Good Health Just Got Easier to Swallow


It's Contagious!

As a mom I am always struggling to get my kids to eat healthy. Recently my life has become much easier (at least in that respect). My husband has decided to conquer his sweet tooth and conscientiously eat healthier. The side effects have been wonderful for the whole family. Now that my husband is wholeheartedly on board on this "mission", I've been having so much fun playing around with recipes - substituting/adding things, and hiding things, that our kids aren't crazy about, in the meals. I have to admit that it's just too fun to puree some chick peas in the homemade tomato soup and no one be any wiser.

At dinner yesterday Lena, my 3 year old, discussed with her sister Thea (5) how she didn't like her broccoli. Her sister Thea eagerly said: "I'll take it!" "You like broccoli?!" I was just as shocked to hear that my five year old all of the sudden liked broccoli, but I almost couldn't believe my eyes when my three year old then started to eat hers. What was going on? This was too good to be true! Guess there is strength in numbers. "If big sis can eat it, then so can I."

You could almost conclude that eating habits, good or bad, are indeed contagious. My husband's positive attitude about the new menu was rubbing off on the kids and they were encouraging each other to give everything a try. Even at the grocery store my son (almost 7) was picking out food that daddy might like because it's healthy. My kids are munching on veggies and hummus, and I haven't heard a request for a "treat" in a long time.

How is my husband conquering his sweet tooth? I'll get into that next time.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Hello Angelika,
I found your blog through a comment that you left on The Homemaker's Cottage blog. I was browsing through your site and it is quite obvious that you are health conscious. I would like to ask you to take a look at my website, https://www.ionways.com/default.aspx?UserName=abbeyion
and watch the video that is posted there. I am not going to tell you what I sell in this comment, because the product is so great, you have to see it for yourself!So, take a look and tell me what you think! You can e-mail me at, abbey@ionways.com. Thank you!

MyKidsMom said...

I have been (strangely?) blessed with a great love of fruits and veggies from birth, and my kids seem to be following the same (or maybe it's because that's what I have fed them since birth, I wonder?). However, I do have a sweet tooth also, I just try not to indulge it too often. And it helps that chocolate is fattening, Lol.